Center for Counseling & Student Development
We at the Center for Counseling and Student Development office support students, faculty, and staff’s intellectual, psychological, emotional, social, and moral development. Our office offers services that cater to developing an individual’s self-awareness and self-understanding, self-concept and self-esteem, attitudes, and values.
We are an integral part of the educational system and help safeguard the student’s ability to keep learning while staying at UB.
Student Staff Faculty School Services
CCSD helps and guides students through our counseling service also known as student development facilitation.
The CCSD administers psychological tests to students to help them have a better understanding of themselves, consequently enriching their psychological, emotional, social, and intellectual well – being and functioning.
CCSD assists the UBians to have a realistic understanding of themselves so that they can make informed career decisions.
CCSD ensures that students are in the right place at the right time. The service helps individuals find a place that will contribute to their physical, mental, emotional and spiritual well-being so that they can be happy, contributing members of the society.
CCSD encourages other university stakeholders such as teachers and other personnel to refer a student needing of counselor assistance.
The service also includes the assistance given to students in obtaining services from EXTERNAL AGENCIES that might be more effective in helping them.
The CCSD provides students with pertinent, up-to-date, and relevant information through seminars, training, workshops, and other information-dissemination strategies.
Guided by the Divine Providence, the University of Baguio Center for Counseling and Student Development (CCSD) commits itself to being a major catalyst of student holistic development through the provision of experiences that sustain a dynamic academic environment and responsive education where students enjoy a focused yet balanced learning.
In support of the university’s mission-vision and objectives, the Center for Counseling and Student Development aims to:
- guide students to cultivate good academic habits and attitudes which are geared towards excellence and professional competence;
- empower students to become effective decision-makers and self-reliant individuals who can utilize their potentials in the service of others;
- provide students with necessary and up-to-date information through various counseling strategies and programs to assist them in personal, social, academic, and career development;
- support students to develop moral-ethical values and personal wellness practices; and
- promote the recognition and respect for individual differences (ethnic origin, culture, race, sexual orientation and religion).