Office of the Vice President for Academic Affairs
We at the Office of the Vice President for Academic Affairs, currently headed by Dr. Janice Kaylyn Lonogan, are tasked with overseeing and upholding the standards of the university’s quality educational programs that people come to expect from it. We create the guidelines and policies of the educational programs and coordinate with the deans to see the needs of the faculty, staff, and students and come up with solutions on meeting them.
The Office of the Vice President for Academic Affairs (OVPAA) serves as the chief academic officer of the schools responsible for educational policy and academic programs, and the encouragement and improvement of teaching and learning.
In support of the university’s mission-vision and objectives, the Office of the Vice President for Academic Affairs aims to:
- serve as a leader in long-term planning of educational programs;
- assure the quality of instruction;
- select and develop distinguished faculty;
- assess and meet the educational and vocational needs of students in a diverse community college environment;
- focus on commitment to teaching, learning and academic excellence to promote student success.
Review Related Literatures, Reference Citation