International Student Services : :
International students are important and integral part of the University. With small classes and many opportunities for involvement on campus, international students have the chance to intimately learn about Philippine culture. The International Student Services helps international students with information about immigration issues, provides support for academic and cultural adjustment, hosts a variety of programs and activities throughout the year and collaborates with other groups to provide opportunities for involvement in the University community.
Special programs include an orientation program at the beginning of each semester which introduces new students to immigration regulations, the University and its services, to the Philippine system of education, and to the cross-cultural differences they may encounter.
The International Student Services Division is the liaison between international students and the Philippine Immigration Services.
ObjectivesThe main aim of the International Student Services is to initiate and implement the University’s foreign relations policy:
- To collect and spread the received information about international academic and study programs, international projects and events;
- To take part in the organization of conferences and other important international events;
- To prepare and spread the information about the University and study programs in foreign language for foreign students;
- To organize the acceptance of the University’s foreign students;
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT SERVICES PROGRAMS
- International Student Admission
- International Students Orientation
- International Students Association (ISA)
- International Cultural Program
- Philippine International Friendship Organization (PIFO)
- International Friendship Partners Program / Buddy Program
- Filipino and English Language Programs
INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS ASSOCIATION
The International Students Association (ISA) is the organization of all students who are on a visa status enrolled in the different academic programs of the University. It was formally instituted in 1998 to provide a venue for international students to mingle together and make friends.
ISA serves as a venue for cultural, academic, ad interpersonal exchanges among international students. Specifically, the ISA aims to:
- Introduce international students to the Filipino way of life;
- Provide opportunities for mutual understanding, cooperation, and friendship-building between Filipino and international students;
- Advocate cross-cultural understanding in the University and in the larger community;
- Promote UB as an active and key player in international communication; and
- Make international students aware of their rights and responsibilities as students of the University.
ISA Advisory Board
The ISA Advisory Board shall serve as a sounding board on issues that affect international students.
- ISA Adviser
- The Director, Office of the Student Affairs
- In-Charge, International Student Records/Admissions Center
- International Student Orientation Program (ISOP)
- International Student Orientation Assistant Program (ISOA)
- International Friendship Programs
- ISA Educational Tour
- Search for the Philippine International Friendship Organization (PIFO) Recipient
- Top Outstanding International Students Awards
- International Student Week
- ISA Night
- Outstanding International Student Alumni
- International Commencement Reception
- Volunteer Opportunities
SHIRLEY P. DIÑO
INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS ADVISER
Office of the Student Affairs: (6374) 442-4915 loc 235