Student Disciplinary Procedure
- A written complaint is filed before the office by a student, faculty or employee. In cases of verbal complaints, the office will ask the complainant to complete the Complaint Form (COSA-D-001). The form contains basic information about the complaint, such as name of the accused, course and year, location and nature of the incident, and the name of the complainant.
- The respondent (subject of the complaint) is informed of the complaint against him through the issuance of a Notice of Complaint (COSA-D-002). The notice includes the name of the complainant and the specific complaint against him. Copies of any letters and other evidence as may be deemed appropriate to furnish are attached to the notice.
- The respondent is given 48 hours (2 days) from receipt of letter to respond personally or in writing. He is informed that failure to respond may be detrimental to his case. He is informed that he may attach evidence to support his response in the reply.
- Upon receiving the response, an investigation is made by the Head of Student Discipline, when necessary, in cooperation with the Dean’s Office, Center for Counseling and Student Development, and/or Security Office.
- Whenever necessary, all parties to the case are convened for a confrontation or discussion of the case. A hearing committee may be convened for such purposes.
- A Summary of Findings (COSA-D-003) detailing the analysis and recommendations of the case is submitted to the Director of Student Affairs for approval and comment.
- Cases in which the sanction is either “Exclusion” or “Expulsion” are submitted to the Executive Committee for confirmation/reversal/upgrading/downgrading.
- Upon approval, the respondent is informed of the sanction to be imposed upon him. A Notice of Decision (COSA-D-004) is given to him, as approved by the Director.